- About IIW
What is IIW?The International Institute of Welding (IIW) was founded in 1948 by the welding institutes or societies of 13 countries that considered it crucial to make more rapid scientific and technical progress possible on a global basis. The IIW membership today comprises welding associations from 49 countries worldwide, with ever more nations continually indicating interest.
To advance welding and joining through a worldwide network
The leading global community linking industry, research and education to the advancement of welding and joining for a safer and sustainable world
Our 'must win' battles to:
- Have an Education, Training, Qualification and Certification (ETQ&C) system which meets the needs of industry and IIW members
- Implement an effective organisational and management structure
- Improve IIW’s visibility and impact through effective communication and marketing
- Ensure the industrial relevance of IIW research best practice development and standardisation activities
- Increase the value of involvement to all IIW stakeholders
The IIW is a not-for-profit organisation governed by the Italian law; the members are welding institutes and associations representing their own Countries.
|IIW CONSTITUTION||IIW 2021 Awards||IIW VALUES|
|IIW ANNUAL REPORT||IIW WORKING UNITS||IIW Technical Output|
If you are interested in joining IIW as a member please direct your inquiry to the General Secretariat using the contact form.
>> Public grants received in 2020 – NONE