20th Jubilee International Conference on Joining Materials
40 years of commitment to Welding Community celebrated by JOM
When26-29 May 2019
WhereKonventum LO-Skolen, Helsingor-Denmark
About this eventThe JOM series of biennial International Conferences & ‘know how’ Exhibition in Welding Technology goes back five decades to the nineteen seventies. The JOM Conference is unique in that it is dedicated to the advancement of joining and material technologies and fabrication techniques in all the key industry sectors.
As the latest R & D results and recent industrial applications will be presented, participation in the conference technical programme will be essential for those engineers wishing to advance their knowledge as part of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
More recently, training, qualification and certification of welding personnel have become increasingly important. As the implementation of recent knowhow through Education and Training is now a key part of modern welding technology, it is an important focus for JOM 20.
The conference programme will cover all aspects of developments in joining and material technology but papers are especially invited on the following topics:
- Recent developments in joining processes - welding, surfacing, soldering, brazing;
- Advances in fabrication techniques;
- Developments in joining equipment including automation and robotics;
- Advances in materials, consumables and weldability;
- Applications with relevance to industry needs - automotive, oil & gas, power generation;
- Application such as Pressure Vessels Boilers, Pipelines, Cranes …;
- New developments in conservation, energy efficiency and alternative energy resources;
- Weld quality, structural properties and environmental considerations;
- Structural integrity and inspection;
- Process monitoring, sensors, control;
- Mathematical modelling and simulation;
- Quality requirements for welds and quality management;
- Testing of welds, assessment of defects and life estimation;
- Repair and maintenance of welded structures and plant;
- Education, training, Qualification & Certification of welding personnel;
- Interpretation of International standards for welded fabrications;
- Additive manufacturing;
- Smart manufacturing;
- Renewable energy;
- Small Modular Reactors (SMR).
Call for Papers
As we would welcome your participation at the JOM 20 International Event for presentation and/or the exhibition, please fill in the attached Registration Form and return it by either e-mail or post with a title and a short abstract of your paper before November 2, 2018.
Notification regarding author guidelines for the preparation of the full paper will follow after pre reviewing of the abstracts for compliance with JOM 20 topics by November 30, 2018.
The full paper for publication in the Conference Proceedings will be required by January 31, 2019.